Today I am a quarter of a century old. To be honest I never thought I would be this old, it was a number beyond where I could imagine or visualize but the last few years have just gone by in a blur and here I am, 25 years young and finally able to rent a car without paying an age penalty.
Following up from the open source resolutions, here’s what I’m going to aim for this year in no particular order:
- Learn a language where WP has a big impact (probably Spanish).
- Take more videos, post at least 2 a month.
- Post 10,000 photos in 2009.
- Post at least one book a month I’ve enjoyed.
- Don’t try to do everything myself.
- Redesign Ma.tt! (And get back up in the search engine rankings for “Matt” on Google.)
- Post more personal stuff. (Like this.)
- Spend more time working with and coaching other young entrepreneurs and startups.
- Donate to 5 Open Source projects that touch my life daily.
- Learn to make/prepare one food item a month.
- Launch, launch, launch! (Real artists ship.)
- Get people to capitalize WordPress correctly, and stop using the fake mis-proportioned W. 🙂 (Here are some correct ones.)
- Print my favorite picture of another person every month and send it to that person in a picture frame.
- Reinstate WordPress Wednesdays and make it easier to do an amazing photoblog with WP.
(Hat tip to Boris Mann, Benji, Niall Kennedy, John Roberts, Titanas, Network Geek, Avinash, Kirb, Julie, Mark Jaquith, and Kabatology for the resolutions.)
This is the seventh year I’ve blogged my birthday: 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23, and 24. If you had asked me 7 years ago where I would be today I couldn’t have imagined all of the amazing things that have happened, the incredible people I’ve met, and the communities that I’ve become a part of. Thank you. Here’s to the next 25.